Following the opening of the canal in the late 18th century the site was a thriving pipe and brickworks.
There are still two Grade II listed brick kilns one of which now houses the showers and toilets.
The site was used for farming from around 1940 by the present owner’s late father, who also ran the Red Lion public house until its closure in 1954.
The current owner returned to live at Twyford Wharf in 2000 and commenced renovating the site.
Twilite Moorings started in 2002 and the Leisure Park opened in 2004.
The major renovation work finished in 2009 with the opening of the shower block in the restored brick kiln.